This amazingly soft Possum Merino blanket offers superior warmth and cosiness. The generous size makes it perfect for use in a cot, on the bed or for mum to snuggle under on the couch during nighttime feeds. Perfect for keeping baby warm in the carseat or pram too.
This versatile blanket adds luxurious and exquisite warmth whilst being super lightweight due to the unique hollow possum fibre which traps air, providing exceptional insulation properties.
Possum fibre's unique structure provides higher levels of warmth, up to 30% more than a 100% wool product. The hollow core means it is far lighter than most other natural fibres, which is why possum merino blends are so popular. By mixing possum fibre into a yarn the overall weight of the finished product is reduced by more than 20%.
Due to its unique composition, this possum merino blend blanket is very resistant to pilling.
Available in Silver/Charcoal and Midnight Blue/Grey
- Size Approx 155cm x 110cm
- 100% Natural and Sustainable
- Lightweight and superior warmth.
- New Zealand designed and made by McDonald New Zealand Textiles using merino wool from the family farm in Tyntesfield, on New Zealand's South Island.
- Silver/Charcoal colour is made from the unique Heritage blend which includes ZQ merino wool from the Tyntesfield family farm. 70% Fine NZ Merino Wool, 20% NZ Possum Fur, 10% Mulberry Silk
- Midnight Blue/Grey colour is made from 35% Possum Fur, 55% Merino, 10% Pure Mulberry Silk
Washing instructions: You are able to gently hand wash this item with a recommended wool wash detergent. Washing enhances the feel of the blanket by allowing the possum fibre to fluff up making it even warmer and softer.