Nursery trends for 2016
This year's nursery trends are more beautiful than ever. Here is a look at 2016's favorite new design ideas for the most precious room in your home and we have matched them with our New Zealand made merino sleeping bags!
According to the worlds leading design websites these will be the hottest trends this year - Which one is your favorite?
1. Back to Basics with Pastels. Soft colors and baby’s nursery go together like peas and carrots, so it’s no surprise that pastels are back and better than ever! On the heels of Pantone’s announcement last month of not one but two pastels, Rose Quartz and Serenity, we’ve got two pastels that confirm this trend.
2. Clouds clouds clouds. Our heads are in the clouds in 2016! With arrows and triangles so last year, we are excited to see more nursery design inspired by our friendly skies. These fluffy and light puffs in the sky are too cute and a must have in your nursery.
3. Inspired by travel & adventure. Parents love a cool theme to set the design tone in nursery. This year, travel and adventure stand out as the nursery theme of the year. Art declaring encouraging words such as “You are our Greatest Adventure” and “Never Stop Exploring” or “Always Take the Scenic Route” sing from the walls. We are keeping our eye out for this theme to inspire nurseries globally.
4. It’s All about Color. Nurseries, toddler rooms and playrooms are alive and in technicolor this year. In the past, color palettes, even bright hues, have been limited to a more monochromatic scheme, but this year it’s all rainbow. Bold and bright colors and lots of them are paired together in a fun and cheerful way to add drama.
5. Cosmic. An updated spin on the classic navy blue nursery, cosmic is both dreamy and sophisticated. We are seeing deep navy paired with gold, gray and black. Throw in some brass accents, and you’ve got a nursery that is out of this world!
6. Everything Modern. Modern is back and more stylish than ever! From mid-century sleek to bright white and clean, modern designed nurseries will wow us all year long.
Which trend or sleeping bag is your favorite and would you like to see in your nursery? x
Looking to keep your baby sleeping cool this summer?
Merino is Natures wonder fibre and is the safest fabric to dress your little one in - even on those hot summer nights!
This is why merino wool keeps your baby cool:
Why have baby sleeping in merino even when it's really hot?
Babies are not as adaptable as adults to temperature change. Because infants and children have a higher surface area to mass ratio than adults, they can lose heat rapidly, as much as four times more quickly than adults. This means that babies under 12 months have difficulty regulating their own temperature, even in a warm environment.
What should my baby be wearing when it's hot?
We recommend our Snugpods for newborn babies and from around 12 weeks a Standard Weight merino sleeping bag. You can vary clothing underneath depending on the room temperature (see guideline).
Standard Weight merino sleeping bag
27-25 degree C - just a nappy
25-23 degree C - short sleeve merino body suit
23-21 degree C - long sleeve merino body suit
27-25 degree C - short sleeve merino body suit
25-23 degree C - long sleeve merino body suit
23-21 degree C - long sleeve merino body suit + pants
Kim is the owner of SNUGBAGS - Merino for Kids. Together with her partner James and their little girl Neeva Rose, she lives in a little beach town called Piha on the West Coast in New Zealand. They love surfing, building sandcastles and all things natural and organic.